[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”2_3″][et_pb_blurb title=”What Doug has Accomplished as your advocate. ” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial” _builder_version=”3.9″ max_width_tablet=”50px”]
Some of Doug’s accomplishments as your Ward 1 Councillor.
- Past – Chair of Clearview Small Halls Festival
- Completion of the Environment Assessments (EA’s) for wastewater and fresh water servicing for the village of Nottawa
- Creation of the No-Stopping Zone at the Nottawa Elementary School, helping to protect the children of our community
- Worked with a team of community volunteers as board of directors for the Nottawa Memorial Community Centre
- Successfully had new playground equipment installed at the Nottawa Ball Park to be enjoyed by residents and visitors of our community
- Helped to create the Clearview Volunteer Recognition Program that honours members of our community who serve us all
- Convinced council to remove the traffic rumble strips installed in a residential recreation area on the Poplar Side Road.
- Worked with community members to create the review and establishment of a Clearview Open Burn By-Law.
- Convinced council to support the paving of the Jardine Side Road from County 124 to the 10th, the only East-West road from Collingwood to Duntroon that wasn’t paved!
- Launched and continue to support the Clearview Trail-Link project.
- Successfully received Federal funding for the TrainTrail upgrade from the Poplar Side Road to Stayner
- Participated in the successful negotiation and resolution of the Alliance Homes of Creemore dispute
- Vice chair, and Chair of the Culture & Recreation Advisory Committee
- Supported the review of the Clearview Recreation Master Plan recommendations that are currently in public consultations this fall.
- Supported the creation of the Clearview Sports & Culture Hall of Fame
- Completion of our first Community Strategic Planning document (2008), and renewal of the Plan in 2017
- Supported the creation of the Clearview Eco-Park and the Dog Park.
- Met with several Provincial Ministers to discuss issues and concerns on your behalf
- Active member of the Accessibility Advisory Committee and supported the creation of the Facility Accessibility Design Standards document.
- Participated with the County of Simcoe in discovery of new Organic Waste handling & management services.
- Participated in the negotiations to resolve the Walker Industries quarry application.
- Pursued the installation of a 4-Way Stop at the 10th line and the West Church Side Road.
- Proudly honoured to represent Nottawasaga and Clearview Township at the annual Remembrance Day ceremonies held at the Collingwood Cenotaph. Lest We Forget.
[/et_pb_blurb][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″][et_pb_image src=”http://www.dougmeasures.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/doug.jpg” animation_style=”fade” animation_duration=”500ms” animation_intensity_slide=”10%” animation_direction=”left” _builder_version=”3.9″ align=”right” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]